Exercise is one of the best ways to eliminate stress before your wedding, and a pre-wedding workout routine will give you the bonus of feeling special on your big day.
Follow these tips for losing weight for your wedding.
- Burn more calories than you eat. Find what works for you, i.e. meal plan/macro tracking/slimming world.
- Increase your protein intake. Aim for protein in every main meal whether that’s meat, fish or vegan alternatives like beans and chickpeas.
- Workout with a buddy. Whatever it is you do, e.g. Gym/Zumba/Swimming, etc., bring a friend or family member for extra motivation and have fun.
- Move more every day. Park further away in the car park, take stairs instead of the lift, go for 15-20 min walks, etc.
- Enjoy the process. Try not to put too much pressure on yourself to look a certain way, enjoy the journey and learn to love your body at all stages.
- Drink 3 liters of water a day. Start with 2 liters and go from there.
- Find the answer to your ‘why’. Don’t pick a goal like, “I want to lose a stone.” Write down why you want to lose weight. Once you add an emotional attachment to your goal, it holds more meaning, so you are more likely to stick to it.
How de-stress before your wedding
Your mental health is hugely important, especially since planning a wedding is one of the most stressful times in our lives. Diet and exercise play a part, but there are other ways to manage stress and improve your overall wellbeing.
The health benefits of sleep
A good night’s sleep (about 8 hours) is vital to our emotional and physical health.
Sleep won’t make you lose weight, but it helps to keep your food cravings under control. Regular sleep will balance the hormones that affect appetite.
When we sleep, our bodies produce extra protein molecules that help us to fight off infections and illnesses – nobody wants to be ill for their wedding.
Lack of sleep makes us agitated and more likely to be a grump. The more rest we get, the calmer we are.
The importance of taking time out for yourself
Among the wedding chaos, it might be hard to find peace. Create a small sanctuary for yourself by reading, taking a solo walk or get stuck into a movie marathon. It’s okay to give your mind a rest, don’t feel guilty about it.
Cut down on caffeine
It’s natural to reach for a cup coffee for a quick pick-me-up. Caffeine is a stimulant that gives you a jolt almost immediately and stays in your body for hours afterward. Drink too much caffeine, and you’re at risk of insomnia, anxiety, irritability, headaches, nervousness and rapid heartbeat.
Running up to your wedding, replace one cup of coffee for a glass of water. You’ll feel healthier, hydrated and your skin will thank you for it.