As the name suggests it is healthy but this is a very delicious meal which you can have. Most of us choose the forbidden meal options because that calls out to our hearts directly, but do we need to go to the unhealthiest options for our cheat meal? We all know deep down in that we have multiple options which are not only mouth-watering but also not that far from your healthy diet.
Since you all have become master chefs during the quarantine time, here’s a very fancy but super easy and quick recipe for you:
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Banana
- ½ Cup Instant Oats
- ¼ tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tbsp Applesauce
- 15 Fresh Blueberries/Blackberries
- Blend the eggs and banana in a blender for five seconds.
- Add the oats, vanilla, and applesauce and blend for another 5 seconds.
- Heat a non-stick lidded frying pan on medium-high.
- Pour in the mix and drop the berries on top. Cover and reduce the heat to medium-low. Cook 3 to 5 minutes.
- Flip it, cover the pan, and cook until firm, 1 to 2 minutes.
Let’s make it very clear, an oatmeal pancake will not be same as a bowl of oatmeal because we know we’re going with the butter and syrup but if you choose a pancake with oatmeal or oat flour instead of white, refined flour, there’s a considerable amount of healthy fibers, proteins and energy-rich carbohydrates in it. This will keep you full for a longer time and prevent you from indulging in more than one cheat meal.
We’re also using fresh berries in our pancakes, which we all know are rich in antioxidants, help us improve our immunity, reduce the risk of heart health, and whatnot.
Also, if we use less amount of butter and syrup or have the godly will to completely skip it, then the matters change more into your favour. The meal becomes healthier and less of a cheat meal while being delicious at the same time.
Try to make your next cheat meal a healthy one. Bon appetit!