If you say you don’t like fries, you’re lying to yourself and the world, because everybody loves fries. But is there a healthier version of fries that if not more, equally tasty as regular French fries? Go through the article to know the recipe and benefits of sweet potato fries and go all kinds of master chef later.
- Sweet Potatoes
- Olive Oil
- Cut your fries evenly sized.
- Soak them in cold water for about 30 minutes.
- Transfer your fries to a dry bowl or a zip-lock bag and toss them evenly with olive oil.
- Toss the fries with corn-starch and seasoning. Don’t add salt in this step, we’ve to hold it for later.
- Transfer the fries to the parchment-covered baking sheet. Don’t overcrowd the fries and space them a little.
- Bake at high heat so that they get nice and crispy.
- Once the fries have baked halfway, turn all of them over so they get crispy all over.
- Bake for another 5 minutes.
- When out of the oven, season them with salt generously and let them sit for a few minutes.
- After sitting in salt for a few minutes, you have a healthy treat ready for you.
Sweet potatoes are loaded with all kinds of good things. Even though they are slightly higher in calories and carbs but their high nutritional value, gives them an edge over regular French fries.
200gm of sweet potatoes with skin provides 796% of the daily value of Vitamin A. Do we need to go on? Other than Vitamin A and a lot of other vitamins, sweet potatoes are also rich in beta-carotene, which is converted into vitamin a in our body.
All these vitamins help improve our vision, gut health, fight some cancer risks, and may enhance brain function. But make sure to have baked sweet potato fries because when we deep fry them, the calorie count doubles and large servings of deep-fried fries can add to weight gain and other health issues like regular fries.
When you eat healthily, you are making your body healthy from inside out. A lot of us believe that we can eat whatever we want and then we’ll just sweat it out in the gym. This might be ok for sometimes, like a cheat meal, although even that’s not suggested, for every day we should try to look for healthier versions for our meal. Things that not only taste good but also do good when in our body. Bon appetit!