Blueberries the magical berries
We’re told that exercise is supposed to leave us energized and full of life, but it’s not at all uncommon to feel exactly the opposite after a workout, especially if your session has been particularly intense or you’re new to hitting the gym.Exhaustion and achiness simply mean that your body has used up its available energy, and you need to replenish it quickly. A snack that serves as a good source of energy will help to repair the microdamage your muscles sustained during exercise. It’s important that you don’t skip the snack; if you don’t refuel with the right foods after a workout, you’ll hamper muscle recovery, meaning all your hard work was for nothing!
So, what should that snack be? Well, good news: there is no better post-workout snack than the Blueberries. Blueberries are enjoyed all around the globe for its sweet taste and dietary benefits. They, in fact, have many potential health benefits. Blueberries are a super-fruit that can potentially improve overall health while tasting great. They have more to offer than meets the eye.
Benefits Of Blueberries
- Blueberries are rich in antioxidants including vitamin C, vitamin E, beta-carotene, and more. In fact, blueberries contain the most antioxidants of any fruit out there which means that eating them as part of a diet rich in antioxidants can help ward off chronic diseases such as heart disease, cancer, memory loss, and more.
- Blueberries also help fight the signs of aging and provide a serious boost for your immune system.
- Blueberries and blueberry extract are high in flavonoids called anthocyanosides. These compounds give blueberries their pretty blue color, but they’re also important for ocular health. Eating them daily can help preserve your peepers, prevent vision loss, cataracts, eye dryness, and infection.
- Blueberries are full of fiber. And that’s crucial for digestive health, helping you feel full and satisfied, and keeping conditions such as diabetes in check. A handful (or three) can also help lower cholesterol and keep heart disease at bay.
- Blueberries are antibacterial. The vitamin C they contain promotes acidity and helps inhibit the growth of infection-causing bacteria.
- Eating blueberries may potentially help to prevent cancer and heart disease through other mechanisms. Blueberries also have shown the potential to possibly help inhibit the growth of colon cancer cells
- More reasons to love blueberry powder: it’s extremely low in sugar, of which all of them are natural, that makes it an ideal supplement for people with diabetes and those who want to reduce their daily intake of dietary sugars.